RPCompany Ltd follows the data protection law, respects your privacy and is committed to protect it. This privacy notice will inform you about how we collect, store, use and protect your personal details.
How and what information do we collect about you?
We collect, use, store and transfer different kind of personal data about you.
1) Information you give to us by filling in forms online or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, visiting our office or otherwise:
Full name, date of birth, occupation, national insurance number, UTR, address, email address, telephone number. We may also keep copies of your ID documents. If needed for the services we provide to you, we may collect, use and store your bank details, such as bank name, account number and sort code, details about payments to and from you and other details of the services you use from us.
You provide your personal data when you: apply for our services, subscribe to our service or newsletters.
2) Information collected by automated means:
When you visit our Website we collect the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet, the geographical location of your device, the browser you are using, the type of device you are using (tablet, mobile, desktop), the URL you came from and the web pages you access.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How do we use your personal information?
We are required by law to provide you with information about the purposes for which we use your information and the legal justification for us to use that information. We will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- We need to perform a contract with you or aiming to provide required service.
- You have given your consent to us using your information.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (provided these interests are balanced against your rights).
- We need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
- Contract – your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement. We will use your name, address, telephone number, date of birth and other information which we require in order to provide services in the particular contract.
- Legitimate interest – When we make suggestions and recommendations about services that may be of interest to you. (It includes: marketing communication, contacting you to undertake customer satisfaction surveys, undertaking website personalisation and administration, maintaining network and data security. You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased services from us and, in each case; you have not opted out of receiving marketing messages. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to your personal data provided to us as a result of a service purchase or other transactions.
- Legal obligation – Where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information, such as to detect, investigate and report financial crime.
How do we protect your personal information?
We maintain appropriate technical and physical safeguards to protect the personal data you provide to us against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use and other unlawful forms of processing. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Your data protection rights
- Right of access –You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we are processing about you, which we will provide back to you in electronic form. For your own privacy and security, we may require you to prove your identity before providing the requested information. If you require multiple copies of your personal data, we may charge a reasonable administration fee.
- Right to rectification –You have the right to request that your personal information would be corrected if the information about you we hold is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – You have the right to have your personal information deleted from our data basis. However, we are not obligated to do so if we need to retain such data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- Right to restriction of processing – You have the right to restrict processing of your personal information, where you believe such data to be inaccurate, our processing is unlawful or that we no longer need to process such data for a particular purpose, but where we are not able to delete the data due to a legal or other obligation or because you do not wish for us to delete it.
- Right to data portability – You have the right to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object – You have right to object to processing of your personal information on grounds relating to your particular situation. We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests and rights, or if we need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
- Right to withdrawing consent – if you have consented to our processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, free of charge. This includes cases where you wish to opt out from marketing messages that you receive from us. You can unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time by following the instructions in any individual message. The legality of the processing of your personal data prior to you withdrawing your consent remains unaffected by this.
Do we share your personal information with third-parties?
We do not share any of your personal data with any third parties unless:
- These are official institutions (such as HMRC, regulators and other authorities, acting as processors or joint controllers, based in the UK or other EU country, who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances) and it is necessary for us to complete our services we provide to you.
- Professional advisers based in the UK or other EU country, which provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services and it is necessary for us to complete our services we provide to you.
- We must to share the information about you if existing or future law or a court requires us to.
We do not transfer your personal data outside the EU area.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for or where we are relying upon your consent until you withdraw that consent, unless we require to keep your personal information for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you wish to make a complaint about how your personal information has been processed, you may lodge a complaint directly in writing to the Data Compliance Manager at RPCompany Ltd, 36A Orsett Rd, Grays, RM17 5EB
Updates to our Privacy Notice
As our business changes from time to time, we sometimes need to make changes to the way we collect and use your personal information. Therefore, this Privacy Notice may be updated from time to time. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.